About - Marwa Sarah
Marwa Sarah is a Syrian artist based in the capital of Austria, Vienna. She spends most of her time working as an artist and
initiator of several initiatives focusing on art workshops, social researches and integration. Raised in Homs, Syria (born
in 1988) and spending her college years in Damascus, Marwa formed a deep affinity with the orient which continues to inspire
Marwa Sarah received a Bachelor in painting from the Fine Arts University in Damascus 2012; afterwards, she moved to Vienna where she received her academic degree Master of Arts with Art & Science at the University of Applied Arts Vienna (die Angewandte) in 2016.
Winning several scholarships and residencies as well as taking part in different art classes and workshops have expanded her vision, technique and ambitious. Her reflection and art are often based on true stories and researches in the psychological and philosophical aspects of asylum and immigration experiences. Now she is combining her arts with her social work and exhibits regularly in Europe and in the Arab countries.
Currently, she is working on her PhD in Philosophy at the Angewandte under the supervision of Univ.-Prof. Virgil Widrich. Working title: Individualism in modern life.
- Diploma projects 2017 (January 18, 2017)Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (June 14, 2016)Presentation
- [Dis]placement (June 02, 2016)Exhibits
- ROUNDTABLE (January 19, 2016)Protocol
- ROUNDTABLE (March 03, 2015)Presentation
- Semester Presentations WS2015 (January 27, 2015)Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (November 25, 2014)Protocol