About - Michal Marencik
Michal Marencik, born 1980 in Saklica. Studied video-multimedia-performance at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Brno.
EXISTENCE AS A SIMPLE TONE - Approach to describe existence as a tone. Each grave as a graphical note, with pitch ,time and subharmonic frequencies controlled by shape detection engine and cemetery data. Tones will represent died people, system will focus on relation between human remains, concretely their new occupancies and their representation as music.
Albumin Rex - Albumin rex is human pose, also a thought that resist the time, a toy and a "living thing" too, due to its generative processes. It is a fossil in a shape of 32Kb animation, time compressed in its coded form and also a blind wittness that tels the story of Melviles Moby Dick. The horse tail head with screen that contains animation about life that talk, generates and ends in pose, too. Text from the animation : "D'YE SEE HIM?"; "AHAB'!!" "KILL THE MOBY DICK" "WHITE WHALE" "BEAST" "WATER!!" "WHO ARE YOU ALBUMIN REX?" "I AM THE WATER CARRIER KING" "KILL AHAB!" "LEVIATHAN MUST SURVIVE"
- Vis Animae (June 16, 2014)Diploma Project Presentation
- Different aspects of personal movement (from A to machines) (January 09, 2013)Abstract
- WHITE, GREEN, BLUE, BLACK (January 24, 2012)
- Albumine Rex (November 14, 2011)
- The sound of silence, sektor 33, composition upon the zentralfriedhof (June 21, 2011)Exhibits
- Diploma projects 2014 (June 16, 2014)Diploma Project Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (December 13, 2012)Field Research Presentation
- Retackling Contraction and Expansion (October 08, 2012)
- Presentations 24.01.2012 (January 24, 2012)Works
- Edition Angewandte: An envelope for arts, sciences, politics and us, 2011 (December 12, 2011)Contributions
- VIENNA ART WEEK (November 14, 2011)Works
- Vienna Fair 2011 (May 12, 2011)Realization
- BioArt (May 09, 2011)
- FIELD RESEARCH and preparations for a final Master project (January 24, 2011)
- I. SOFTWARE MARATHON (October 27, 2010)Presentation