About - Sergio Valenzuela
Sergio concluded his PhD in Philosophy on 12 February 2021 with the defensio of his dissertation Connection-Ship at the Angewandte under the supervision of Univ.-Prof. Virgil Widrich.
Sergi@ Patrici@ is a time - based media artist (performance and video-installation), art researcher and creative persona.
To talk about his work it becomes necessary to look at the fragile border between time/space and beholders; this is the spot
where his particular artwork sets the goal to explore and create. The main questions of his practice revolve around the concept
of time - either as waste, useless device or activator of the here and now. These nuances are framed in a diversity of actions
involved in the body-space-time network, attracting and affecting multiple potentialities of real-time creation.
Sergio Patricio (Valenzuela Valdés) born in Santiago de Chile. Has a degree in Fine arts 2002 and Stage designer 2005. MA - Master in Art & Science (June 2014) and Doctor in Philosophy, art research and cultural studies from the University of Applied Arts Vienna - Die Angewandte.
Designer of Chilean Stand in PQ´03 Prague Quadrennial in Czech Republic. Granted by Playwright awards 2005 in Chile. He produced FIDET- Festival of Performing arts and transdiscipline in Chile (sponsored by IBERESCENA 2011- Spain). Winner of CONICYT - Science and technology Chilean scholarship in 2012 and 2015. Funded by FONDART -Chile many times from 2006-2020. Has been Professor of University of Chile, U Mayor and UNIACC universities since 2007- 2014 in contemporary arts methods, mentoring thesis, performing arts, stage design and art directing. Has been doing conferences, workshops and lectures as: "Invisible things" - ELIA, "Dancing with Sergio" - Die Angewandte Kunst Wien, "Creative Memories" - Science Summer School Uni Wien, "Isolated Attractors" - Taboo Conference 2020- Vienna.
- Connection-Ship (February 12, 2021)PhD Dissertation Defensio
- Portable Body-knowledge (June 16, 2014)Diploma Project Presentation
- No Cover (January 21, 2014)
- SCHWITZ (November 18, 2013)Exhibited
- 5 steps to finding an interesting question (July 13, 2013)Presentation
- Visualisations and geometrical performances (June 27, 2013)
- Map of collaborations (May 02, 2013)
- P-SAT / Post-situational Awareness (January 24, 2013)Exhibited
- SAT – work in progress (January 17, 2013)
- fake equations (December 12, 2012)Field Research Presentation
- Effect/ Affect + Attractor factor (November 06, 2012)
- Invisible things - ELIA Conference (November 06, 2012)
- ROUNDTABLE (November 21, 2017)Presentation
- Diploma projects 2014 (June 16, 2014)Diploma Project Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (April 29, 2014)Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (April 10, 2014)Presentation
- Dancing with Sergio (March 28, 2014)
- ROUNDTABLE (March 27, 2014)Presentation
- No Cover (January 21, 2014)
- ROUNDTABLE (January 09, 2014)Presentation
- CRUCIAL EXPERIMENTS (November 18, 2013)Exhibited
- ROUNDTABLE (October 08, 2013)Presentation
- (Human) Necessities (July 13, 2013)Presentation
- METABODY (July 01, 2013)Contributions
- Final Presentations (June 27, 2013)Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (May 07, 2013)Protocol
- ROUNDTABLE (May 02, 2013)Presentation
- #17 (April 24, 2013)Exhibited
- 14/16,On-Site Research (January 24, 2013)Exhibited
- ROUNDTABLE (January 17, 2013)Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (December 06, 2012)Field Research Presentation
- ROUNDTABLE (November 06, 2012)Presentation